Scientific performed at the AFRIMMA.
By Robin Dopoe, Jr.
The African Muzik Magazine awards (AFRIMMA), may have come to an end with splendid performances from the like of Diamond platinum Tiwa Savage and the host of other top-rated African act ended on a good note.
But it was scientific performances that stole the show, which created that experience to be etched into the minds of everyone who attended it.
From his opening performance, which has to do with Ticket to Ride, Scientific kept the over 40 thousand audience spellbound, screening and singing along every verse in the song before increasing the momentum with more up-tempo sounds with Ain’t Got Time. This immediately set the bar high for classical performances for the others artist to follow.
And just what the fans attended the concert for, the Liberian rapper did not disappoint them as he kept them screening for more when ‘ Da News There ‘was introduced to the audience, who happily sang along. This song and other song perform burned down the stage and kept his name ranging even after he left the stage.
Although Scientific was the one that stole the show, Diamond Platinum, Tiwa Savage and the other artist that performed nonetheless impressed the crowd with some memorable performances, which got the audience dancing and singing along as well.
Diamond Platinum rocks the crowd with the single like Marry Me, the remix with Grammy award winner Neyo, Kinogo, and Eneka. While, Tiwa Savage performs “All Over”, Informate and My Darling.
The stage set up was impressively large. Lighting, sound, and everything was on point. AFRIMMA is one of Africa’s biggest entertainment awards and music festival in the Diaspora.
The Scientific U.S tour will start from Rhode Island, North Carolina, New York, Washington, D.C. and South Carolina.
AFRIMMA 2017 Awards Winner
- Best Male West Africa -Falz (Nigeria)
2.Best Female West Africa -Tiwa Savage (Nigeria)
- Best Male East Africa – Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania)
- Best Female East Africa – Victoria Kimani (Kenya)
5.Best Male Central Africa -C4 Pedro (Angola)
- Best Female Central Africa – Nsoki (Angola)
- Best Male Southern Africa– Cassper Nyovest (South Africa)
- Best Female Southern Africa – Babes Wodumo (South Africa
- Crossing Boundaries with Music Award – C4 Pedro (Angola)
10.Best Newcomer -Nsoki (Angola)
11.Artist of The Year – Davido (Nigeria)
- Best DJ Africa – Dj Spinall (Nigeria)
- Best African Dj USA – Dj Tunez (Nigeria)
14.Video of The Year -Fally Ipupa – Eloko Iyo Congo
- Music Producer of The Year – Julz (Ghana)
- Best African Dancer – Ghetto Triplets Kids – Uganda
17.Song of The Year – Davido – IF (Nigeria)
- Best Lusophone – C4 Pedro (Angola)
- Best Francophone – Fally Ipupa (Congo)
- Best Sound Engineer – Sheyman (Nigeria)
- Best Collaboration -Wizkid ft Chris Brown – African Bad Girl (Nigeria & USA)
- Transformational Leadership Award – Engineer Noah Dallaji
- Best Rap Act – Sarkodie (Ghana)
- Dancehall Act of The Year – Timaya (Nigeria)
- Best Video Director – Daps (Nigeria)
- Best Male North Africa– Amr Diab (Egypt)
- Best African Dj – Dj Spinall (Nigeria)
- Best Gospel Artist -Nathaniel Bassey (Nigeria)
- Best Group – Toofan – Togo
- Best Female North Africa – Amani Swissi (Tunisia)